Gratitude is the memory of the heart. ~Jean Baptiste Massieu



Thursday, July 21, 2011

7.21.11

line a day: (more like many, many lines)

I believe . . .
• In the sound of the Snake river as it slowly sweeps past my grandfather’s dock
• That mothers truly can be daughters’ best friends, and vice versa
• That uncooked baked goods are infinitely better than their baked counterparts
• That there isn’t much that makes me happier than direct sunlight sparkling off of my engagement ring
• In thinking in French, even when no one else is doing the same
• In the power that photographs have to trigger myriad emotions
• That I should not be seeking fulfillment in my profession
• That cheap champagne tastes just as good as the expensive stuff—most times even better when consumed with excellent company
• In blasting music as loudly as my neighbors will tolerate
• In the power of a country song played while zipping along a lake in a speedboat
• In giving all of myself, even when others aren’t willing or able to do the same
• In spending an entire day reading without feeling guilty
• In being so excited to be a wife
• In making lists for any and everything
• In telling people I love them as much as I possibly can
• In girlfriends new and old
• In laughing as much as I can for as long as I can
• In the wisdom of my grandparents
• In the healing power of the mistakes my parents made
• In sundresses for every occasion
• That high heels up my confidents level 105%
• That smiling at someone can change their day
• In missing people so much it hurts
• That the sun heals my heart
• That there are some song lyrics that, no matter how long it’s been since I’ve heard, will immediately come to my mind verbatim
• That people can surprise you
• In the feeling that knowing you’re home brings
• In trying to learn something new every day
• In dinner parties with close friends
• That one glass of wine is rarely enough
• That cereal is a food group
• In my own talents and abilities
• That where I am is a direct result of where I have been
• That friends are family
• That there is no such thing as too many hugs
• That speed limits are guidelines
• That grilled cheese without ketchup is a waste
• That I often forget how many blessings I have been given
• In relinquishing control as often as I can allow myself to
• That I will always be happier if I walk to do an errand than if I drove
• In collecting quotes that move me
• That I have so much more to experience
• In the excitement that traveling brings
• That I determine what type of day I’m going to have as soon as I get out of bed
• In scarves
• In speaking my mind, even if I’m scared to
• In making my bed every morning
• That fast food after 1:00am doesn’t count
• In doing my best, always
• That black and white photographs make me happier than color ones
• That the morning is the best time of the day
• In multiple exclamation points
• That beautiful plates make meals taste infinitely better
• That I need to give myself more credit
• In good handwriting
• That my passport will never have enough stamps
• That living in Paris changed my life
• In puppy chow
• In being challenged by difficult work and triumphing
• In exceeding expectations
• In marriage, even though it scares me
• That people can change, if you let them


gratitude:
i am grateful for the fact that tomorrow will be friday, and i will see some of my best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment